Dandruff in the beard can make unkempt, untidy any type of haircut. Some men prefer not to pay any attention to this problem, which is fundamentally wrong. The fact is that the causes of unattractive flakes can be very many, some of them are dangerous, so they require immediate elimination. Let’s look at the main prerequisites that can cause such a nuisance, as well as common measures to combat them.
Beard dandruff: Causes of dandruff
Dandruff on the beard and mustache is a symptom of the development of seborrhea, a dermatological disease. It develops when the sebaceous glands are disturbed. Not all the causes of this disease are fully understood. Some believe that it occurs due to a sharp change in the level of sex hormones. In any case, you need to consider the common prerequisites for its occurrence.
Overwork, constant being under stress – one of the most common causes of various disorders in the functioning of the human body. This fact is because constant nervous and mental stress, lead to a weakening of the natural protective functions of the immune system. During times of stress worsens the production of hormones that allows the body to exercise self-defense against threats from the outside. These leads, first of all, to a violation of the sebaceous glands that clog the pores, increase or decrease the level of the fat content of the skin.
Here there is a vicious circle: nervous tension causes seborrhea, and its manifestations in the form of itching, peeling, further worsen the emotional state of a man.
To reduce the impact of stress, you must:
- be able to relax independently
- calm stress
- bring emotions to balance
- periodically relieve tension
- learn self-relaxation techniques
- attend yoga classes.
2. Hormonal failure
The functioning of the sebaceous glands depends entirely on the production of certain male hormones. Their common name is androgens. In the event of the slightest failure develops seborrhea. This problem often occurs:
- during puberty of adolescents
- in the presence of other pathologies
- under the influence of regular stress
- after injuries.
The glands and hair follicles are extremely susceptible to infection. If a person’s immune system is reduced or suffers from HIV infection, it is easier to get dandruff.
Specialists distinguish two types of infections:
- primary (AIDS, HIV Infection)
- secondary (other pathologies).
Also, reducing the body’s defenses is possible in the presence of chronic diseases, for example, diabetes, infection with parasites. In such cases, the dermatological problem is very pronounced, creates obvious difficulties during therapy.
Often the appearance of white flakes in the bristles is a sign of the development of an allergic reaction in response to the use of certain cosmetic products. Some shampoos can increase the appearance of the problem, while others can reduce it. This is due to whether they are suitable or not for the type of skin, hair. Many representatives of the stronger sex, seeking to get active growth of the beard, begin uncontrolled use of various means.
- a variety of ingredients included in the composition of compresses, masks, wraps.
If before using such methods, do not conduct a preliminary test for the probability of developing individual intolerance, the risk of developing dermatological pathology increases.
Another common cause of problems with the functioning of the sebaceous glands is the lack of valuable vitamins, macro – and microelements in the human body. Especially often, this situation develops in:
- autumn or wintertime
- regions with a poor environmental situation
- due to dietary disorders
- combined with some chronic pathologies.
To solve the problem, you need to change your diet. Also, it will not hurt to take a course of vitamin and mineral preparations. Their appointment should be handled by a specialist.
The appearance of dandruff is often associated with dermatitis. Its appearance can be provoked by various factors:
- dirt under the nails
- provoking the development of infection
- nutritional disorders
- the development of allergies
- chronic diseases
- poor ecology.
Dandruff will disappear from the beard only when the causes that led to the development of dermatitis are eliminated.
7. Poor diet
Errors in nutrition are immediately reflected in the appearance of a person. If a man’s diet contains a large amount of sweet, fatty, spicy, salty, then the appearance of seborrhea will not take long.
Therefore, cosmetologists, to improve the condition of the skin, hair, recommend, first of all, to review your eating habits.
Not many people know, but a large amount of sugar in the diet contributes to the destruction of the body’s immune defense.
To improve the condition of your hair and skin, you need to include it in your menu:
- fresh herbs
- low-fat varieties of fish
- dairy products.
8. Internal violations
Internal problems can provoke the development of white flakes in the bristles. The most common include:
- disorders of the gastrointestinal tract
- pathologies from the liver, kidneys.
If there are problems with the intestines, then toxins will be released into the blood, and valuable elements will stop being absorbed in the proper amount. All this, sooner or later, will lead to problems with the skin, stubble.
Indirect causes of dandruff: Beard dandruff reddit
In addition to the causes that directly provoke the appearance of dandruff, experts note the prerequisites that have an indirect effect on this process.
- Wearing thick hats, scarves, and high-necked sweaters. This contributes to a violation of heat exchange, increasing the secretion of sebaceous glands. This condition is called temporary skin dysfunction, it does not require special therapy, most often, it passes by itself.
- A sharp decrease in the body’s defenses in: influenza, acute respiratory viral infections, pneumonia, sinusitis, and other inflammatory diseases (both viral and bacterial in origin).
- The presence of chronic metabolic disorders, other pathologies of this nature: tuberculosis, human immunodeficiency virus, systemic connective tissue pathologies, and chronic inflammation.
Also, we cannot fail to note the influence of the following factors:
- the presence of bad habits
- attitude to stressful situations, their number in everyday life
- features of eating behavior
- the use of certain pharmaceutical products.
All these reasons lead to a violation of the skin condition, which can cause the beard to suffer, upsetting its owner with the presence of unattractive dandruff.
How to stop beard dandruff: hydration of the skin
To remove flakes from the hair, you must make an effort to increase the moisture of the skin. The fact is that its excessive dryness, most often, becomes the main cause of seborrhea.
To achieve this goal, you must:
- make masks from natural oils and herbs
- apply special cosmetics
- eat products containing valuable vitamins and other elements
- conduct salon procedures.
Consider in detail all the appropriate methods to get rid of the problem of dandruff in the beard.
1. Traditional method
The natural basis of all folk methods has an advantage over the use of chemicals. To moisturize the skin, you can use masks consisting of:
- aloe Vera
Among the healing herbs, especially help:
Before making any attempts to cure dandruff, you need to seek help from a dermatologist, who will prescribe examinations and tests to identify the causes of the disease.
Stages of traditional treatment:
- Development and maintenance of the correct daily routine.
- Failure from the constant stress
- Normalization of nutrition, including avoiding the use of spicy, fatty, salty, excessively hot food.
- Treatment of intestinal dysbiosis (if diagnosed).
- If you have an oily skin type-use drying, dry-moisturizers.
- Use of cosmetics against peeling (scrubs, masks, gels).
- Use of pharmaceutical products.
Prescribe any pharmaceutical drugs must be a doctor, otherwise, there is no guarantee that the condition will not worsen. It is necessary to re-evaluate the degree of skin damage, the characteristics of the disease, choosing the most effective and safe means.
2. In house conditions
Starting the fight against seborrhea on your own, you can pay attention to the use of a variety of methods.
First of all, it is necessary to organize sufficient hydration of the skin. Here you will need to use some cosmetics (not all, only those that are suitable for the implementation of mandatory care stages):
- ice cubes from herbal decoctions
For complex hydration, it is necessary to make efforts, organizing versatile and effective care. Before using any home recipes, it is necessary to remember about safety, conducting a preliminary test to identify individual intolerance to the components of a particular tool.
The Allergy test is performed as follows:
- apply a small amount of the product to the elbow bend.
- Rinse off after 20 minutes.
- During the day, evaluate skin reactions (itching, redness). If they are not-use the tool for its intended purpose if there are any manifestations-refuse to use this composition.
Popular recipes for moisturizing the skin:
- Use a mask with several components: mix 5 g of Vaseline, the same amount of castor oil, 10 g of linseed oil and 3 drops of camphor. After carefully combining all the ingredients, the mask is applied daily to areas of special dandruff lesions.
- Lubricate the problem areas with the beaten yolk of chicken eggs. This composition is kept for up to 20 minutes, then washed off with running cool water.
- Process vegetation with freshly squeezed lemon juice up to twice a day. Hold for a quarter of an hour.
- Apply beet juice to the affected areas, wash off after half an hour.
- Lubricate the skin with tea tree oil.
- Use fermented milk products for skin treatment. Hold for up to 20 minutes.
3. In beauty salons
To moisturize the skin and hair, you can use not only home methods. To get a quick and lasting effect, you can contact the specialists of a cosmetology salon. Especially for clients with dry skin, dandruff of the facial hair, the iontophoresis procedure is offered.
The essence of the procedure is to expose the skin to a low voltage electric current with mandatory treatment with special medicine. This effect guarantees active penetration of the pharmaceutical product into the deep layers of the epidermis, which gives an excellent, and most importantly, persistent, effect.
Also, to moisturizing, the procedure gives the following effect:
- elimination of toxins
- strengthening of metabolic processes.
Best dandruff shampoo for men
It is difficult to determine which anti-dandruff shampoo for men is the best. This depends on the type of hair, the cause of the pathology, and related problems. There are no universal tools, all of them solve certain tasks. But among all the variety, we can distinguish several of the most popular. The rating is based on the recommendations of trichologists and reviews of men. You can vote for 5 shampoos.
1. Nizoral anti-dandruff shampoo
Nizoral anti-dandruff Shampoo treats and prevents dandruff and its symptoms, such as the dry, flaky, red, itchy scalp. Nizoral anti-dandruff shampoo has passed dermatological tests and does not contain perfumes. It works by treating the root cause of dandruff, restoring the scalp to a normal healthy state.
2. Dandrene anti-dandruff shampoo
A highly effective anti-dandruff treatment with excellent cleansing properties. This cosmetic product will allow you to get rid of unpleasant manifestations of dandruff and seborrhea, returning the hairstyle to a neat and well-groomed appearance.
The shampoo is suitable for any type of hair and will not cause additional irritation on damaged skin. Gradually, redness and peeling will disappear, the scalp will become healthy, which means that dandruff will disappear. Also, the balance of skin fat will be restored, which means that you will forget about the problem of greasy Shine and” gluing ” strands.
3. Head and shoulders clinical strength
Head & Shoulders Clinical Strength Anti-Dandruff & Anti-Seborrheic Dermatitis Shampoo treats stubborn cases quickly and effectively, so you can feel confident with visibly flake-free hair with regular use. This medicated extra strength dandruff shampoo is made with 1% selenium sulfide and is clinically proven to offer relief from even the toughest flakes associated with dandruff with regular use. This prescription-strength anti-dandruff shampoo is gentle on hair for daily use to cleanse, moisturize and protect against dandruff. Regular use of Head & Shoulders anti-dandruff products nourishes your scalp three surface layers deep to prevent dryness, flakes, and itch, associated with dandruff.
4. Jason dandruff relief shampoo. Jason dandruff shampoo
Take full control and say goodbye to the itchy head and annoying dandruff. Approved by the food and drug Administration, sulfur and salicylic acid treat scalp dermatitis and minor psoriasis, eliminating dandruff, flaking, and itching. Nourishing essential oils of the olive tree and jojoba soften the hair, while rosemary oil creates balance and improves the condition of the scalp, preventing the appearance of dandruff in the future. Flaking and dandruff will gradually disappear, and your hair will become soft, pleasant to the touch and clean.
5. American crew shampoo anti-dandruff plus sebum control
Cleansing and conditioning shampoo soothes and refreshes hair and scalp. Vitamins and minerals help prevent itching, flaking, and excessive fat release
How to prevent dandruff
As you can see, the fight against seborrhea can require a lot of effort and money. It is much easier to try to avoid such a problem. To do this, it is important to follow simple rules:
- be under stress as little as possible
- eat only healthy food
- take vitamin and mineral complexes
- carefully choose cosmetic products for skincare
- use natural oils for hydration, nutrition.
It is important to understand that the state of the skin is an indicator of how the human body feels, what kind of processes take place inside it. Therefore, it is so important to constantly monitor your health, in case of the slightest problems or suspicions, to seek help from specialists promptly, without self-medication.
Choosing to fight dandruff, it is important to prevent the development of an allergic reaction, which, in itself, can cause the development of seborrhea.
For the treatment of the skin, experts suggest to only use an integrated approach. Modern dandruff therapy includes the following measures:
- the use of external treatment
- changing food habits
- taking vitamin complexes
- cleaning the skin surface with scrubs, peels
- using a large amount of liquid, especially clean water
- taking regular care of the bristles and skin
- using natural oils for nutrition, moisturizing vegetation.
Only a comprehensive approach will allow you to quickly get rid of dandruff. The main thing, even after the disappearance of visible manifestations, is not to give up the started lifestyle, so that seborrhea does not recur.