Green tea is the second drink after water. In China, green tea is called medicine, since it has a whole lot of medical benefits. Green tea can overcome problems such as diabetes, obesity, cardiovascular disease, kidney disease, and contributes to good cancer prevention. However, the big problem is that most of us have no idea how to properly prepare this miracle drink. Next, I will tell you how to properly brew green tea, which will bring you health benefits and beauty.
Let’s look at the points:
- History of green tea
- Useful properties of green tea
- Harm and contraindications of green tea
- How to make green tea taste good at home
- how to brew green tea
- types of green tea
- How to store green tea correctly. Purchase.
- What’s the best green tea
1. History of green tea
According to legend, tea was found 3000 years before our era by A Chinese Saint. When he went to look for medicinal herbs, in his hand he held a pot in which water was boiling for decoctions, and tea leaves accidentally fell to him in the pot. At first, tea was used as a drug, but after a while, tea functions brought joy. Later, new varieties and interesting ways of processing tea were revealed. Russia, where green tea was introduced in the 17th century, ranks 4th in the use of tea after China, India and, Turkey.
2. Useful properties of green tea
Green tea is known as a means to prevent cancer, but do not forget that the usual use of tea will improve the condition of your skin. If a person has a cold or is experiencing discomfort, green tea helps to remove the poison and improve digestion. Tea has soothing properties, invigorates and reduces fatigue. Green tea contains fluoride and iodine, which helps to remove heavy metal salts. The diuretic property of tea removes excess fluid from the body, thereby protecting against diseases of the genitourinary system.
3. Harm and contraindications of green tea
A large amount of tea drunk can harm the body, especially those who are prone to overexcitation of the sensory system and hypertension. The optimal amount of tea consumed is no more than 6 cups a day without sugar. Do not drink tea in the evening, as caffeine has an invigorating effect, and can provoke insomnia. Polyphenols in tea, in large quantities, can affect the liver. and also, a large amount of tea drunk can provoke a headache.
4. How to make green tea taste good at home
To make a perfect green tea, you only need to know a few steps. Which we will now tell you about:
1. How To Prepare Green Tea With Leaves
Green tea preparation is different than that of black tea that we make at home. You must use some rules. When making green tea, the water temperature should not exceed 90 degrees, otherwise, the tea will turn out bitter and not pleasant to the taste.
So, what do we need:
- glass of water
- tea strainer
- green tea leaves (simple tea) – 1 teaspoon of tea per 1 glass of wate
- Take 1 teaspoon of tea leaves to 1 Cup of water. If you want to make the volume bigger, take everything in 1:1 proportions.
- Sift the tea leaves through a strainer.
- Heat the water, the temperature is not more than 90 degrees, ideally 80-85 degrees, so watch this. If the water starts to boil, turn it off and wait for it to cool down to the desired temperature.
- Place the strainer over the Cup.
- Then pour the water into a cup and let it stand for 3 minutes.
- Remove the strainer
- You can add honey to taste, stir
2. How To Make Green Tea With Tea Bags
Teabags are always convenient and compact, you can always take with you and brew at any time, where there will be a Cup and hot water. However, be careful, choose bags that will be safe for your health, pay attention that most bags are painted white. Be careful.
So, what do we need:
- a green tea bag( don’t forget about the quality)
- a glass of hot water
- a Cup
- a Cup lid
- a pot/kettle
- Heat water in a kettle/saucepan. Remember that the water is heated to 85 degrees.
- Put a tea bag in the Cup.
- Pour the water into the Cup and cover it with a lid. Let stand for 3 minutes.
- Everything is ready. Add honey to taste and stir, enjoy your tea!
3. How To Make Green Tea Powder
There is a way to brew green tea using a powder that is available on the market. I will tell you a great secret about cooking.
What we need:
- green tea powder-1 and 1/2 teaspoons (you can take less if you do not like strong)
- a glass of water
- a teaspoon of honey
- a strainer
- Take a glass of water and heat to 85 degrees, no more.
- Allow a couple of minutes to cool.
- Add the powder to the water, stir well, and let stand.
- After, pour it into another glass through a strainer.
- Add honey(to taste), stir well
5. How to brew green tea
- The ratio of tea/water. You should observe a 3: 5 ratio of green tea to water.
- Water quality. In the modern world, water has become quite dirty, so take care of what kind of water you use to make tea, this plays a big role in the taste.
- Water temperature. High water temperature reduces the beneficial properties of green tea. Try to heat the water no more than 85 degrees, if suddenly overheated, it is better to let it cool for a couple of minutes.
- Blending Vessel. A small mixing vessel of about 100-200 ml will be useful. you can also use Chinese or Japanese dishes.
- Soak time. Let your tea infuse for 2-3 minutes. If you overdo it, green tea can become bitter and cloudy (depending on the variety).
- Removing the tea. You can buy a small strainer to pour the tea without leaves into another Cup
6. Types of green tea
To try the best green tea, you should try to buy the original Chinese tea. Let’s consider quite expensive varieties of tea, but worth using.
Best Chinese Green Tea
a variety of green tea from Hangzhou, China. It is made by hand, so the price is quite high compared to other varieties
Jasmine Green Tea:
Tea containing a high amount of catechins, it tastes sweet and fragrant.
This name was given because of its resemblance to gunpowder (gunpowder in English means gunpowder) The variety has a rich, tart and slightly bitter taste. The aroma is sweet and cloying, giving off dried fruits.
Pi Lo Chun:
this is the famous green tea. It is grown on the island of Taiwan. Its taste is rich and fruity.
Best Japanese Green Tea
Good tea, which is available in stores at an attractive price, tastes sweet and fragrant.
Refers to cheap tea of low class, but not of low quality. it has many advantages. For example, unlike Sencha, Bancha contains more useful catechins and less caffeine, so you can drink it before going to sleep without worrying about sleep.
is a tea leaf that is used to make matcha. The shade is light green and tastes soft.
high-quality green tea, finely ground into a powder.
Japanese green tea gyokuro:
it has a rich taste, but has a low tartness. This is one of the most expensive teas in Japan.
Genmaicha green tea:
Delicate green tea with roasted rice grains and airy rice flakes. A combination of a bright fiery note and a pleasant tartness.
Hojicha green tea:
This is a very interesting version of roasted green tea, unlike other teas, it contains almost no caffeine.
7. How To Buy And Store Green Tea
- Always purchase entire leaf green tea.
- Check the inception of the green tea.
- The leaves ought to stay green after blending.
- Buy fresh green tea leaves instead of the tea pack.
- After brewing green tea, after a while, the leaves should turn brown or black.
- Buy from a confided in tea dealer or brand.
- Store green tea in a water/air proof compartment and shield it from light.
- Store green tea in resealable packs. Put these sacks in impenetrable holders.
8. Best green tea to drink
- Lipton(is lipton green tea good for you)
- Teavivre: Green Tea
- Thé du Hammam, Flavoured Green Tea
- Basilur tea
- Tetley Green Tea
- Typhoo Organic Green Tea
- Harney And Sons
- Shangri La Tea
Try making this refreshing best green tea to drink☟
We will need (for 2 servings):
- water-0.5 liters
- Lemon-0.25 PCs
- Green tea(leaf) -0.5 tablespoons
- small Apple
- sugar (honey) – to taste
Preparation of “Refreshing tea”:
- Peel the Apple and finely chop it.
- Add the finely chopped lemon and a sprig of mint.
- Pour green tea and add honey or sugar to taste.
- Close and leave for 30 minutes.
- Strain the tea and cool it if desired
Have a nice tea and have a good day, be healthy❤