The birth of a child is the most important and joyful event in the life of every woman. But not always the period of pregnancy and childbirth brings only positive experiences to the beautiful half of humanity. Many young mothers have to deal with such a problem as the flabby skin of the abdomen and the appearance of stretch marks. The belly loses elasticity after pregnancy and looks extremely unattractive. A woman has to not only take care of the baby but also to restore her beauty.
To prevent the stomach from sagging after childbirth, you need to have an excellent tone of the abdominal muscles. No less important is the skin turgor and the volume of adipose tissue in the abdomen. There are very few women who have not experienced stretch marks on their skin during pregnancy, and they can be envied. It takes quite a bit of time after birth, and the stomach has already tightened and began to return to its original appearance. In some cases, this phenomenon has a genetic nature, although in most situations it is influenced by sports training before carrying a child. So when planning a pregnancy, think about your physical shape: pump your abs, try to run, visit the pool, do yoga.
Alas, in most cases, everything is not so rosy: weakened abdominal muscles are not able to return the stomach to its former state, excess weight begins to bulge in the form of ugly folds, and in general, the body shape looks far from attractive.
You don’t need to get depressed right away. There are many ways to solve this problem.
How to tighten loose belly skin after pregnancy?
Before you start to “fight” with your figure, you need to consult with your doctor about whether you can start doing this. The first 40 days after birth, the woman’s body begins to recover on its own. The uterus contracts and the process of regeneration of the skin of the abdomen are started. Doctors categorically forbid new mothers to resort to physical activity during this period. Until the process of uterine contraction comes to an end, sport is contraindicated. Ignoring the recommendations can lead to bleeding, and in the case of a cesarean section, the seams may diverge.
When the skin on the abdomen is stretched after childbirth, this is normal. You need to have a little patience and understand that the body needs rest. However, there are some useful tips that you can follow from the hospital to help your stomach recover.
So let’s get started
Top tips for tightening loose skin after pregnancy
1. Postpartum girdles or pregnancy bandage
How to tighten loose skin on stomach without surgery. A great way to get rid of a postpartum belly is to wear a bandage or tie it up. Both methods effectively help to remove a large belly that is significantly saggy after childbirth Multiple pregnancies-women needs to have a slightly larger belly, although babies are born with less weight. Use garters from the earliest stage, when the doctor will allow you to get out of bed. If the birth was normal, this is the second day.
The method of tying against the sagging belly of a woman was used for a long time, so by today, the method has already been slightly modernized. If previously tied up with any fabric, those modern women have learned to use synthetic stoles, which are sold for walking in frosty weather.
The fabric of the stole is moderately stretched, which contributes to a comfortable position of the abdomen, and when tightening it tightly covers the belly hidden under the fabric and does not allow the muscles to SAG and stretch. Women note that when tying up after childbirth, they have significantly fewer problems with defecation than other women in labor.
It is recommended to tie up the stomach lying down, using a fabric no shorter than one and a half meters for this purpose. The fabric is applied to the abdomen, especially pulling the dark stripe on the abdomen – it is visible after birth. The bulk of the abdominal muscles should not fall to the strip, otherwise sagging will occur. When the fabric on the stomach is laid correctly, the ends are passed under the back and brought to the stomach, after which they are tightly tightened.
Apply tying before wearing a bandage. On average, women tie up for 1-3 weeks, then the lower abdomen becomes much smaller and tightened. Soon after tying up, a bandage is used, but it is necessary to look at the state of health, and it is better to consult a doctor.
2. How to tighten loose skin on stomach after pregnancy. Postpartum exercise plan: first exercises for a new mom
The first 40 days after labor, the uterus contracts. During this period and breastfeeding, the new mother is strictly contraindicated from any physical activity. However, self-massage is recommended to stimulate the process of restoring the elasticity of the abdomen. The presented set of simple exercises should be performed every day, giving it 10-15 minutes.
- Light stroking of the abdomen in a clockwise direction stimulates metabolic processes in the body.
- Then there is a smooth transition to kneading. Massage is done with your fingers from the lower abdomen to the ribs. You cannot press hard, the exercise should not cause a feeling of discomfort.
- From the sides to the navel, stroking is performed, but now with two hands.
- The stomach is gently stroked with the palms of both hands, while the left-hand needs to be pressed a little.
- The hands are folded in the abdomen. The skin is “rubbed” with the edges of the palms, while one hand moves up and the other down.
- Slight tingling with the fingertips.
- Stroking with the fingertips of the abdominal press.
When the skin on the abdomen is stretched after childbirth, in the first few weeks these exercises will stimulate the natural processes to restore its elasticity. They are performed lying on a flat surface for 10 to 15 minutes in the morning before eating.
You can also do a wrap at home with clay and therapeutic mud. This does not take much time and all the components are available in the pharmacy at an affordable cost.
3. After pregnancy belly wraps
Does belly wraps work? Very effective for skin tightening at home wraps. To achieve maximum effect, the procedure should be carried out for a month every other day. The prepared mixture is applied to the skin of the abdomen, wrapped in cling film and wrapped in a blanket for a thermal effect. After 30-40 minutes, the mixture is washed off with warm water, and a moisturizer is applied to the skin.
- Add a couple of drops of any essential oil to the heated vegetable oil, RUB the mixture into the skin, then wrap it up for half an hour;
- Any natural honey heated to 40-45°C is a ready-made mixture for wrapping; for a greater thermal effect, you can add a little mustard powder to it;
- Blue clay in the form of a powder or ready-made mixture is good for wrapping, the mixture can be purchased at a pharmacy;
- Used ground coffee, diluted with warm water to the state of mush, can be used as a home lifting when wrapping.
4. Exercise after pregnancy to reduce stomach
How to tighten loose skin after pregnancy. To make cosmetic actions more effective, it is necessary to Supplement them with activity. Perfect for Hiking, for example with a baby. But it is better if it is a Bicycle, swimming or yoga. After all, during an interesting position, not only the dermis is stretched, but also the muscles. Therefore, when deciding how to restore elasticity to the skin of the abdomen, this point should also be taken into account.
No need to pump the press, we are for femininity in all its manifestations. The main thing is that the muscle frame is strong. You can do this without strength training.
5. Beauty treatments loose skin
If the new mother has a little time for herself, you can visit a beauty salon. Now there are a huge number of procedures that combine the effect of lifting and lipolysis. A woman can not only get rid of the fat layer but also tighten the sagging skin of the abdomen after childbirth. Before choosing a cosmetic procedure, it is advisable to consult a doctor to help you choose the best option.
- RF-lifting. The procedure allows you to stimulate the body’s production of elastin and collagen, which gives the stomach elasticity.
- Ultrasonic liposuction. This procedure does not involve surgery. It is performed on special ultrasound equipment and is mainly aimed at removing subcutaneous fat. However, modern devices simultaneously tighten the skin on the same principle as RF-lifting.
- lpg massage. Vacuum massage, which allows you to save a woman from the “orange peel”. It also has a lifting effect on the sagging belly after childbirth.
- This procedure applies to medical. It has a positive effect on the overall condition of the skin. When a woman is interested in how to restore elasticity to the skin on the abdomen after childbirth, doctors often recommend myostimulation. The procedure restores cells from the inside, which is reflected from the outside.
- Wraps and four hand massage. Such cosmetic procedures are very useful for new mothers. The wrap stimulates the metabolism, as a result of which fat deposits disappear, the skin in the abdominal area is tightened.
Modern cosmetology gives an excellent effect. However, it is worth noting that not every woman has the time and opportunity to visit salons because the procedures are expensive.
6. Loose skin removal surgery. Operational intervention
If at home to get rid of the sagging belly after the birth of a child did not work, you can consider the option of surgical intervention. It should be noted that these methods are not suitable for every woman, you should first consult a doctor. It is recommended to resort to surgery only in extreme cases for women who also suffer from excess weight, loose skin after weight loss surgery.
1. Abdominoplasty before and after
To date, this procedure is the most effective and safe. It guarantees a long-lasting effect, allows you to get rid of excess weight and sagging skin in the abdomen.
2. Combined plastic
Incisions are made in the bikini area and along the midline of the abdomen. Guaranteed skin tightening and getting rid of excess weight.
3. Mini abdominoplasty
Performed in case of stretch marks in the abdomen and sagging skin.
If the skin on the abdomen after childbirth is flabby – this is not a reason to panic, because many people face this problem. There are many ways to decide which one to choose – an individual decision of each representative of the fair sex. It is important to understand that the approach must be comprehensive. Proper nutrition combined with massage and simple exercises gives excellent results.
There are many ways to tighten the skin on the abdomen after childbirth. If you approach it wisely and try different methods, consulting with a doctor, you will find your way that will effectively get rid of the problem.