The useful properties of peanut paste are explained by its composition. The natural product contains roasted peanuts, vegetable oil, salt, and sugar. The main benefit for the body is contained in peanuts, which are high in protein, vitamins and trace elements. Among the main components of the paste:
- Polyunsaturated fatty acid.
- Essential amino acids.
- Vitamins A, E, K, PP.
- B vitamins: B1, B3, B7, B9.
- Minerals: iron, calcium, phosphorus, sodium, magnesium, selenium, and others.
How many calories in a tablespoon of peanut butter?
Peanut paste, despite its caloric content, can become the basis of dietary recipes. 1 tablespoon of the product contains 100 calories. The product fills with energy and replenishes protein reserves in the body, which is important, for example, for vegetarians. We also need pasta for athletes. After all, the use of peanut mass strengthens muscle tissue, optimizes the breakdown of fat and normalizes the liver. The complex of vitamins and minerals included in the product helps to:
- Restore the nervous system under stress.
- Synthesize hormones.
- Strengthen the immune system.
- Improve the circulatory and cardiovascular systems.
Pasta is useful for both women and men. By increasing the level of serotonin in the blood, it acts as an excellent antidepressant, improving mood and motivating new achievements.
Men especially benefit from this product, it stimulates the production of testosterone, which increases male strength. Read about how to make peanut paste.
For women, the product is good because of the presence of antioxidants, which help to stay young and beautiful for a long time. The high content of vitamins and microelements helps to strengthen nails, hair, and skin. It is very important to observe the daily rate of peanuts.
Peanut butter during pregnancy
Peanut treats are very useful during pregnancy. But it is allowed to use it in small doses. This is due to the high-calorie content of the product and the fact that pregnant women often have a good appetite. Before giving birth, the woman is already recovering. If you combine large amounts of fat paste with a good appetite, the possibility of high weight gain increases. This increases the risk of complications during pregnancy.
The product contains a lot of folic acids, which is very useful for the proper intrauterine development of the child. Moreover, folic acid is recommended to start taking even before pregnancy during the planning period of conception.
But do not start using peanut paste while waiting for a child for a woman who has not tried it before. Article on how to peel peanuts from the husk.
Important! Peanuts can trigger an allergic reaction, which is bad for mom. And medications that relieve the attack harm the unborn child.
Peanut butter diet or for losing weight
Despite the high caloric content, peanut paste is a product for those who lose weight. There are several reasons for this:
- The tendency to excess weight is due to various reasons, including metabolic disorders. The presence of a large number of vitamins and trace elements in this product has a healing effect on all human organs and helps to bring the body back to normal faster. Including weight.
- Rapid burning of subcutaneous fat contributes to the body’s production of testosterone in response to the paste. Increasing the production of this hormone leads to the formation of beautiful muscles in losing weight, as it helps to increase muscle mass.
- If you are on a diet, but you cannot force yourself to eat less, because you constantly suffer from hunger, then the peanut product is only good. After all, it is enough to eat a spoonful of pasta and ensure that you feel full for a few hours. And taking a small amount will prolong the interval between meals.
- Those who want to lose weight should preferably take peanut paste only for Breakfast and no more than 30 g
In parallel with taking pasta for weight loss, it is also recommended to switch to a healthier diet: more fresh vegetables and fruits, lean proteins.
Important! Pay attention to the composition and type of product. If the paste contains thickeners, emulsifiers, and TRANS fats, it is not suitable for losing weight. Don’t be fooled by the name “diet Peanut paste «either. The product does not become less calorific and you still need to consume it in small quantities. Dietetics often manifest themselves only in a relatively small amount of sugar or its absence.
Peanut butter snacks in some diseases
For diseases in the treatment of which the diet has a key role, it is better to consult your doctor about the possibility of using peanut paste, despite its usefulness. We will briefly focus only on diabetes and gastritis.
Peanut butter and diabetes:
Theoretically, this product should not be included in the diet of diabetics, since low-calorie products with a low glycemic index (GI) occupy the palm of the championship in it. So, nutritionists recommend not to eat food with a GI higher than 20.
But peanut paste, despite its high-fat content, is allowed for diabetes. This is because its constituent fats do not contain cholesterol, and its GI is only 15.
Of course, diabetics should not abuse this product either: 1 tbsp of paste is enough per day. And it is better to prefer a diet paste without the sugar content.
Can you eat peanut butter with gastritis?
In case of inflammation of the gastric mucosa, the human diet should be as sparing as possible. It excludes foods that are difficult to digest and irritate the stomach in any way.
Peanut paste, despite its usefulness, belongs to heavy products. This is due to its high-fat content and the presence of a large amount of complex vegetable protein in the composition. Therefore, nutritionists and gastroenterologists recommend abstaining from it for patients with gastritis.
But this product is prohibited only in the acute phase of the disease. In the period of remission, on the contrary, the paste will benefit: the presence of a number of vitamins and trace elements in it will speed up the healing process. Again, in small doses.
Next, we will look at healthy and useful recipes with the addition of peanut butter
Healthy snacks with peanut butter
1. Peanut butter pancakes
Peanut pancakes can be made from both peanut flour and plain, by adding peanut paste to the dough. We recommend that you try our recipe with the addition of peanut paste.
- Milk 0.5 l
- Wheat flour 1 Cup
- Rye flour 0.5 cups
- Eggs 2-3 PCs.
- Peanut paste 2-4 tsp
- Sugar-to taste
- Salt-1 pinch
- Vegetable oil
- Mix the peanut paste with the eggs, sugar, and salt.
- Pour in the milk and mix thoroughly.
- Add the flour and mix thoroughly until smooth.
- Leave the dough for about 10 minutes, then mix again and you can start the usual process of frying pancakes.
You can add vegetable oil directly to the dough or periodically grease the pan with it. The main thing is to monitor the oil level so that the pancakes are not too greasy.
The peanut pancakes are ready! Bon Appetit!
2. Banana peanut butter ice cream. Keto peanut butter ice cream
Ice cream with peanut paste is thick and attractive, it is simply impossible to refuse it… It does not contain refined sugar.
- 25 g organic peanut paste
- a pinch of crushed cocoa beans or sugar-free syrup
- 5 medium frozen bananas
- 100 ml of almond milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 5 drops of vanilla FlavDrops
- 15 ml of honey
Method of preparation
- Place the bananas, peanut paste, cinnamon, and FlavDrops in a blender.
- Add a little milk and whisk — if the mass is too thick and does not stir, add more milk.
- As soon as the consistency of the mixture becomes thick and dense, pour the contents into a container and place in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- In 20 minutes, the ice cream is ready! Remove from the freezer, take as many spoons as you want, and return the remainder to the freezer.
- Before serving, sprinkle with crushed cocoa beans or add sugar-free syrup.
3. Crunchy peanut butter cookies. Dairy free peanut butter cookies
- 200 ml organic peanut paste (homogeneous)
- 100 ml vanilla syrup without sugar
- ½ Tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 50 g of organic crushed cocoa beans
- Preheat the oven to 190°C or 170°C in fan mode.
- Place all the ingredients, except the crushed cocoa beans, in a large container and beat with a mixer on medium speed until smooth.
- Stir in the cocoa beans.
- Spoon the dough onto a baking sheet lined with baking paper, at the rate of 1 tbsp of dough per cookie. Spread the dough lumps at a distance of 2.5-5 cm from each other. Use a fork to lightly press each cookie and bake for about 10 minutes, until the edges of the cookie turn a brownish color.
- Remove from the oven, allow to cool completely, then transfer the cookies to the refrigerator.
4. Chocolate peanut butter cake recipe. Protein cake recipe
The triple chocolate. Peanut butter. Protein cake. Are you intrigued?
This delicious cake with an optimal ratio of macronutrients will become your favorite recipe when you need to overcome the craving for sweets. Chocolate icing with avocado contains useful essential fatty acids.
- 2 scoops of Impact Whey Protein (chocolate flavor)
- 2 tbsp peanut paste
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 75 g of Apple puree (without sugar)
- 150 g flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 200 ml of almond milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 50 ml of sugar-free syrup
- Cooking method
Preheat the oven to 165ºC — 185ºC in fan mode.
Place the peanut paste, egg, almond milk and applesauce in a blender and whisk until smooth.
In a separate container, mix the flour, baking powder, protein powder and cocoa powder. Whip. Add the first mixture to the dry one, mix thoroughly and pour the resulting mass on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Bake for 20-25 minutes. Check the readiness of the cake by piercing the middle with a toothpick or fork. It is ready if the dough does not stick.
When the cake is ready, remove it from the oven and cool for at least 30 minutes.
Now prepare the icing. Place the avocado, cocoa, and sugar-free syrup in a blender and whisk until smooth. Spread the cake surface with the resulting mass and freeze for 30 minutes. Done! Cut into squares and enjoy the taste!
5. No bake peanut butter cheesecake. Keto peanut butter cheesecake
We offer you a recipe with an unusual combination of flavors-salty Snickers cheesecake! It contains a lot of natural nutritional ingredients.
For the basics:
- 150 g soft pitted dates
- 50 g of coconut oil (melted)
- 75 g of peanuts
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- A pinch of sea salt
For the filling:
- 200 g cashew nuts (soaked in boiling water for at least 1 hour)
- 120 g coconut cream
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 6-8 drops of vanilla FlavDrops
- A pinch of sea salt
For the caramel glaze:
- 3 tbsp nut paste
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
Method of preparation
Whisk all the ingredients intended for the base in a blender until almost smooth. Line a 20×20 cm baking sheet with baking paper and press the resulting mass into it. Place in the refrigerator to freeze the mass. Wash the blender.
Place the cashew nuts soaked in water in a blender, add the remaining ingredients for the filling and whisk until smooth. Pour the filling over the base layer and spread evenly over the entire surface. Place in the freezer for at least 1 hour.
While the dessert is in the freezer, place all the ingredients for the caramel glaze in a pan and melt over low heat for 2-3 minutes. Stir occasionally. Pour the icing into a bowl and let cool for at least 20 minutes.
Remove the cheesecake from the freezer and pour the caramel over it, add some melted chocolate and sprinkle with the peanuts.
Place the dessert in the freezer for at least 4 hours. When the cheesecake is ready, remove it from the freezer and let it stand for 15 minutes. Cut into squares and enjoy the taste!